Why Choose Us
Summer experience of a lifetime
JCC Brooklyn Summer Day Camps provide a safe and exciting environment where children can build lifelong friendships and unforgettable experiences that will last a lifetime. We believe that the summer camp experience should be fun and informative; exciting and supportive and challenging and rewarding.
Outdoor facility on country-like campus in Bay Ridge
Campers travel to the beautiful, gated 177 acre outdoor facilities on a country-like campus in Bay Ridge featuring green grass fields, outdoor pool, private eight-lane bowling alley, movie theater, basketball courts, arcade and cafe on site.
Our main drop off and pick up locations are the JCC Brooklyn’s Windsor Terrace site which is located at 1224 Prospect Ave and our Bay Ridge Campus. The Windsor Terrace location acts as a drop-off and pick up location for our day campers (ages 4-14) attending Summer Day Camp, Hebrew Dual Language Camp, and Sports Camp. Upon arrival to JCC Brooklyn Windsor Terrace campers wallboard the bus and are on their way to our bay Ridge Campus for a day filled with fun activities.
We also offer bus stop transportation from various neighborhoods in Brownstone Brooklyn: Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, Clinton Hill, North Williamsburg, Boerum Hill, Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Ditmas Park, Greenpoint, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights
Air conditioned buses
JCC Brooklyn Summer Day Camps use air conditioned buses for transportation. Unusually high temperatures are expected this summer and we want our campers to be as comfortable as possible.
Professional Staff and Caring Specialists
JCC Brooklyn summer day camp staff are committed to meeting the individual needs of each camper. The ratio of children to staff is no more than 10 campers to up to 3 counselors per group. Specialists lead programs such as yoga, dance, martial arts, drama, cooking, and more. They are an outstanding group of individuals with creative energy and leadership skills who love camp.
Creative programs and activities
Campers immerse themselves in a variety of programs such as swimming, yoga, self-defense, arts and crafts, dance and so much more. By participating in these exciting activities, campers also develop specific skills.
JCC Summer Day Camps have uncompromising safety standards for all camps. We understand that campers need to feel secure in order to enjoy the multitude of activities and trips in camp.
Special COVID-19 safety measures:
Based on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Department of Health (DOH) experts, we will ensure the safest possible environment for our program participants.
Some of them include:
- Access to the 177-acre Fort Hamilton Army Base, which will help us adequately promote social distancing guidelines.
- Group sizes no larger than 10 campers
- No cross-group activities for proper containment.
- Enhanced and modified classrooms and specialist activities.
- One camper per seat on transportation.
- Screenings and safety checks upon arrival.
- Modified and updated health protocols.
- Constant updates regarding CDC and DOH information pertaining to summer day camp.
- No more than 3 staff members per group of 10.
- Face coverings required at all times.
- Deep cleaning/sanitizing schedule for all zones with larger maintenance staff.
- and more that will be announced as they become available